Sussex Site - Director/Recruiter
Admin - Adult and Continuing education
Admin - Distance Education Programs
Application Due:Open Until Filled
Responsible for the implementation, administration, operation, and coordination of all academic credit and
noncredit, programs and courses assigned at location. Ensures a customer friendly technologically modern environment for delivering
excellent service to all stakeholders with focus on non-traditional adult student learners.
leadership and support for the site personnel by engaging in strategic planning, decision-making, policy development and problem solving for
the Sussex county program.
2. Develop and direct a variety of credit and non-credit courses and programs by working closely with the
leadership of the Division of Adult and Continuing Education, deans, department chairpersons, local schools, the business community
nonprofit community, and community service organizations.
3. Develop and implement marketing and advertising strategies for recruitment
purposes. Strategies will include planning for a web site presence, use of electronic calendar of events
, bulletins, posters, pamphlets and
displays for use with mass media - such as the internet, radio, television, newspapers and magazines.
4. Administer programs from a cost
center perspective, focusing on enrollment and revenue generation goals as a means of supporting operations at the Sussex site.
Develop, maintain and interpret operational procedures and administrative policies for the smooth operation of the site.
interviews with prospective students and evaluate transcripts (unofficially) from other institutions of higher education. Follow-up on all
direct and in-direct contacts with prospective students. Reach and maintain student enrollment goals.
7. Actively promote connected
degree opportunities to prospective students. Maintain and seek to expand the number of articulation agreements between the University and
local high schools, junior and community colleges by coordinating workshops for counselors, career days for high schools, junior and
community colleges by coordinating workshops for counselors, career days for high schools, junior and community colleges and holding
recruitment workshops for companies and the general public.
8. Evaluate programs and submit quantitative and qualitative quarterly
reports and an annual report.
9. Facilitate the addition of distance education courses.
10. Responsible for ongoing office
operations including managing supplies, equipment and coordinating classroom scheduling with delaware
Technical and Community College
11. Coordinates course scheduling, registration, application processing, class lists and class rosters. Track
cohorts of students to ensure scheduling needs are documented.
12. Maintain a library of syllabi and desk copies of textbooks and
instructor materials to assure that current texts and syllabi are available to adjunct faculty.
13. Responsible for preparing and
disseminating promotional and marketing materials to promote the programs available through the Sussex site.
1. Must be willing to travel extensively statewide.
2. Must be available to accommodate, weekend and evening courses
other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication
skills as well as good presentation skills using computerized presentation software.
2. Demonstrated excellent time management and
3. Successful experience with publications and news media.
4. Excellent customer service skills.
Knowledge of distance learning modes and course delivery.
6. Knowledge of University information system and utilizes same in the
administration of programs and delivery of services
7. Proficient with office applications and software (word processing, internet,
1. Masters Degree from an accredited college or university;
minimum of five (5) years experience in higher education, with at least one year in an administrative capacity;
3. Ability to develop
and administer programs to a diverse student population.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of course development
using technology and processes.
2. Manage an educational facility using technology for effective operations.
3. Demonstrated ability
to produce results.
4. Attainment of enrollment and revenue goals.
Note: The University reserves the right to change or
reassign job duties as provided in policy and negotiated agreements.
Postal Address:Tamara Crump
Delaware State University
621 Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
Online App. Form:Email Address:[click on "Apply Online" button]
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity, Title IX Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age or disability.
This job has originated from a member site of TheJobNetwork - TheJobNetwork. Category: Education, Training -and-amp; Library, Keywords: Educational Counselor